Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goldfish has surgery and survives
A vet came home to find her pet goldfish had tried to eat her pet catfish. She had to cut the goldfish's throat to get the catfish out. The catfish was alive,  a little banged up, but still alive. With a little TLC it survived.
The goldfish had broken its jaw trying to eat a catfish. So the vet had to anesthetize the fish, stitch up the cut throat and create something to hold the broken jaw in place while it healed. She used paper clips.  She fed her goldfish with a syringe after the surgery while everything healed. The goldfish  made a good recovery and is happily back in his tank.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pe...p-23487310

That is some incredibly fast thinking and acting. Because of her bold first aid she not only saved her goldfish, she saved the catfish too.
I have heard of Koi being anesthetized for surgery. I have never heard of a goldfish having surgery.  It is amazing that both fish lived and are doing okay.
 I would never have thought of cutting the goldfish's throat to get the catfish out. Because she did it that way, the catfish was able to survive.
It is an incredible story.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine