Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dogs 'jumping up in greeting' constitutes a threat??
(06-03-2014, 01:30 PM)Catherine Wrote: No one else jumps up and down when I come over.
Well, here's someone jumping up and down instead!....Smiley58
I agree with all you have both written above. The proposed law is too subjective and open to abuse. For example, a person with a grudge against a neighbour could claim that he felt threatened by the neighbour's dog and require it to be put down. Or a visitor to a house (who happens to intensely dislike dogs) might have a dog jump up to greet him - and then demand that the said dog be put down. Appalling! It is a dog hater's charter.

The mind boggles. The UK seems to be heading towards a police state, where almost any action, even by a over-friendly dog, involves the law. It is at times like this that I am glad I live in France!

I have signed the petition. I just hope they listen....

PS Tobi: Snap! I was a postman for about six months in my mis-spent youth (after university). But I was never bitten, although I had a few close escapes. We were told that we had the right to refuse to deliver a letter if a fierce dog was loose, by endorsing the envelope: "Apparently aggressive dog at large" - although I never had to do that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dogs 'jumping up in greeting' constitutes a threat?? - by LPC - 06-04-2014, 05:16 AM