Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Help Dog With Cancer, Aggressive Lymphoma, He Needs Urgent Care
I just tweeted again for Jazzy. This was my "tweet"

(@Mistysylv)

Jazzy with lymphoma needs umpteen treatments. Owner doing all she can for him. Kind donations helped but money now running out. Please help if you can. Paypal secure. Even a tiny donation or a re-tweet would be wonderful!

https://fundrazr.com/a1mVW6?ref=ab_0A0DDd_ab_0qm3mYLPCrd0qm3mYLPCrd

Poor Jazzy does look sad. The IV is a good idea, but I am sorry he's not able to eat and is still vomiting blood. He must feel so rotten.
He has you. He's at home, which is a lot less stressful for him, so that's a good thing too.
Many blessings and healing thoughts sent to him
Heart  for you both.
(03-29-2021, 02:23 AM)Tobi Wrote: I just tweeted again for Jazzy. This was my "tweet"

(@Mistysylv)

Jazzy with lymphoma needs umpteen treatments. Owner doing all she can for him. Kind donations helped but money now running out. Please help if you can. Paypal secure. Even a tiny donation or a re-tweet would be wonderful!

https://fundrazr.com/a1mVW6?ref=ab_0A0DDd_ab_0qm3mYLPCrd0qm3mYLPCrd

Poor Jazzy does look sad. The IV is a good idea, but I am sorry he's not able to eat and is still vomiting blood. He must feel so rotten.
He has you. He's at home, which is a lot less stressful for him, so that's a good thing too.
Many blessings and healing thoughts sent to him
Heart  for you both.

Thank you so much, Tobi! He stopped vomiting blood, only did this for 1 day. He's still not eating, barely walking, but you know, small victories - no blood.
Thank you to everyone who donated and shared, you helped me ease his pain these past couple of weeks and that makes all the difference. To my misery, and despite all efforts, Jazzy has died after an 11-month fight with lymphoma. Doctors got him to stop vomiting blood very quickly, but that was literally the only thing that changed for the better. His stomach problems kept getting worse, his nausea kept getting worse, his ability to walk kept getting worse until in the last few hours he wasn’t even able to stand let alone walk, he stopped eating and drinking. He got to the point where he was lying on his side, not doing anything or reacting to anything, he was like a clay that you could do anything to. I had to put him down. He didn’t end up missing a single dose of treatment, I spent 9 days trying to get him back on his feet with injections, pills and IVs, the illness just got to the point where it could no longer be controlled. I’m sure one day my heart will open up again and I’ll adopt another dog, but right now it’s really hard to imagine life without Jazzy, or imagine a day when I won’t cry over him 36 times a day.
I added the few remaining donations to the money used to cremate him. I’ve decided to keep the ashes, frame some photos and a message, and dedicate a shelf to his memory.
If anyone’s pet gets diagnosed with cancer, my advice is don’t give up. I know cancer has a horrible reputation, I’m not saying it’s not hard emotionally and financially, and once my pup switched from Vincristine to Lomustine some days were better than others, but overall the 10 additional months that cancer treatment bought him are invaluable to me.
I am so sorry for your loss.  I really  hoped that Jazzy would get better. You did everything you could for him. When that wasn't enough,  you let him go in peace.
I know how hard it is going to be for you right now.  Everything right now feels like a loss. In time your memories of Jazzy when he was well will be stronger
and you will remember him as he was and it will bring you peace. Now it is a time for sorrow and my heart goes out to you. I wish things could have been different.
Jazzy was a special dog and he will always be with you in your heart because of the love you have for him.  Rest in Peace Jazzy.  You will be missed.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(04-02-2021, 04:01 PM)Catherine Wrote: I am so sorry for your loss.  I really  hoped that Jazzy would get better. You did everything you could for him. When that wasn't enough,  you let him go in peace.
I know how hard it is going to be for you right now.  Everything right now feels like a loss. In time your memories of Jazzy when he was well will be stronger
and you will remember him as he was and it will bring you peace. Now it is a time for sorrow and my heart goes out to you. I wish things could have been different.
Jazzy was a special dog and he will always be with you in your heart because of the love you have for him.  Rest in Peace Jazzy.  You will be missed.

Thank you, Catherine.
I wish we could have done more.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine