Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Help Dog With Cancer, Aggressive Lymphoma, He Needs Urgent Care
(03-10-2021, 03:22 PM)Catherine Wrote: One day at a time. I am sure things will work out.

I'm not sure at all. I already have a $29 debt to the vets and no money to pay it off. Things are not gonna get better on their own, without people deciding to help.
All you can do is ask. It is a hard time for people, but I am sure someone will help.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(03-11-2021, 03:47 PM)Catherine Wrote: All you can do is ask. It is a hard time for people, but I am sure someone will help.

I hope you're right, but I fear I'm right. My whole life I've heard TV and YouTube personalities talk about people coming together and helping those in need, and oh look at all these successful fundraisers, but personally I've never experienced it. And further proof - it's been a week and a half since I started Jazzy's fundraiser and people keep ignoring him. I know I can't force people to donate, all I can do is ask. But this is reinforcing my belief that that all those TV and YouTube personalities are wrong and / or deliberately lying.
Poor Jazzy Heart  He is such a lovely dog. I am sorry he is suffering like this poor thing. You are doing your very best for him, and in my opinion, couldnt be trying harder to help him.

Either tomorrow night or Saturday I can give something to help you both. I daren't do it today, because I have a grocery online order  which is to be paid out tomorrow.
The last time I donated online, the bank stopped all payments from my card, as they thought it was "suspicious activity" on my account.
It took me a few days to sort it out. So I don't want to risk my grocery payment being cancelled.

I hope you understand.

But when that is done I will help. I promise you.

My heart goes out to you and your dear dog Jazzy. Sending as many healing thoughts and prayers for him as I can. Bless him. Bless you for trying so hard to help him because you love him so much.

The fundraisings that manage to raise large sums of money I don't think are lies. They are dependant on social media and "shares", and getting a lot of people involved. I have never been very good at doing that kind of thing either, but some people seem to be able to rally lots and lots of people for a cause, via Facebook and Twitter etc.

Anyway I wish you the very best.
(03-12-2021, 10:51 AM)Tobi Wrote: Poor Jazzy Heart  He is such a lovely dog. I am sorry he is suffering like this poor thing. You are doing your very best for him, and in my opinion, couldnt be trying harder to help him.

Either tomorrow night or Saturday I can give something to help you both. I daren't do it today, because I have a grocery online order  which is to be paid out tomorrow.
The last time I donated online, the bank stopped all payments from my card, as they thought it was "suspicious activity" on my account.
It took me a few days to sort it out. So I don't want to risk my grocery payment being cancelled.

I hope you understand.

But when that is done I will help. I promise you.

My heart goes out to you and your dear dog Jazzy. Sending as many healing thoughts and prayers for him as I can. Bless him. Bless you for trying so hard to help him because you love him so much.

The fundraisings that manage to raise large sums of money I don't think are lies. They are dependant on social media and "shares", and getting a lot of people involved. I have never been very good at doing that kind of thing either, but some people seem to be able to rally lots and lots of people for a cause, via Facebook and Twitter etc.

Anyway I wish you the very best.

Thank you so much for your future donation! I completely understand that you have payments you need to make before donating. 
I don't know what else I could be doing to rally people. I've been posting in Facebook groups and updating every day for almost 2 weeks, groups that theoretically are designed to help those in need. Have only received 1 donation, and don't get me wrong, I'm extremely grateful to Peter for helping with his generous donation, but Jazzy's illness has constant, frequent expenses. 1 single donation wasn't even enough to pay for his nausea treatment and stomach treatment after this round of Lomustine. I still owe the doctors a debt. And in just 8 days I will need at least $300 for Jazzy's next round of meds. I really didn't think people would ignore him this much. I even reached out to a couple of YouTube personalities I follow, asking them to share the link with their followers in case anyone wants to help, but I haven't heard back from either of them, so yeah, my view of people is very grim.
It might seem that people don't care, but it is not that simple. Even though our forum does not allow direct fund raising we are letting you directly ask people for money. I have allowed your fundraising link  to stay even though I don't normally do that. I want to help. I feel for you.
However, I just put out hundreds of dollars for vet's bill for my rabbit. Sadly my rabbit is dead, but I don't get the money back. I need a little time to recover financially. That is my reality.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(03-12-2021, 04:16 PM)Catherine Wrote: It might seem that people don't care, but it is not that simple. Even though our forum does not allow direct fund raising we are letting you directly ask people for money. I have allowed your fundraising link  to stay even though I don't normally do that. I want to help. I feel for you.
However, I just put out hundreds of dollars for vet's bill for my rabbit. Sadly my rabbit is dead, but I don't get the money back. I need a little time to recover financially. That is my reality.

I understand that everyone has their own expenses, but isn't that the whole point of a fundraiser? If everyone gives a little, money will add up. I'm not asking 1 person to donate $1000. 
Also, you're just 1 person, there are thousands upon thousands of people that have seen Jazzy's fundraiser, they can't all be depleted right now, just by the law of averages if nothing else. So yes, it is really easy to feel like people don't care and they're not willing to help someone in need.
And if you're depleted after 1 payment of hundreds of dollars, try to imagine my situation - I've been paying hundreds of dollars every month for almost a year, and now I'm unemployed and broke - I only have $1.47 left, which is not even enough to buy him a can of food, let alone the meds that he's going to die without.
Rox, you have had one donation already from a member of this forum (anonymously) and another has been promised by a colleague. You also should acknowledge that Catherine allowed your fundraising appeal link to stay on the forum, despite this not normally being allowed because of numerous scams.

What did the other forums do? They deleted your thread immediately, without any discussion or investigation whether the appeal was genuine or a scam. So I hope that you will remember that it was this forum which has supported you in your difficult time.

This forum is run by people who genuinely love animals. I hope that you will stay with us as a member.

Many blessings to dear Jazzy and also to you at this difficult time.
@Mistysylv on Twitter just shared Jazzy's fundraiser!

(Mistysylv hadn't been on Twitter for at least seven years, so it took some time to work out how to do that! But it's there now. I hope it may bring in some help for you.)
https://twitter.com/Mistysylv/status/137...et%3DTweet
(03-12-2021, 09:42 PM)LPC Wrote: Rox, you have had one donation already from a member of this forum (anonymously) and another has been promised by a colleague. You also should acknowledge that Catherine allowed your fundraising appeal link to stay on the forum, despite this not normally being allowed because of numerous scams.

What did the other forums do? They deleted your thread immediately, without any discussion or investigation whether the appeal was genuine or a scam. So I hope that you will remember that it was this forum which has supported you in your difficult time.

This forum is run by people who genuinely love animals. I hope that you will stay with us as a member.

Many blessings to dear Jazzy and also to you at this difficult time.

I don't mean to sound unthankful for the help I've received from this forum, but try to see things from my perspective - 10 months I've spent all my money on Jazzy, did not ask for donations because I didn't want to burden others while I was still able to make all his payments (even if it meant that I didn't have everything I needed), but now I'm actually in need of help, have been trying to raise funds for him for 2 weeks and most people keep ignoring him. I'm desperate and don't know how to help him. Cancer treatment is expensive. And treatments for the side-effects of cancer treatment are expensive.