Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Help Dog With Cancer, Aggressive Lymphoma, He Needs Urgent Care
(03-13-2021, 11:01 AM)Tobi Wrote: @Mistysylv on Twitter just shared Jazzy's fundraiser!

(Mistysylv hadn't been on Twitter for at least seven years, so it took some time to work out how to do that! But it's there now. I hope it may bring in some help for you.)
https://twitter.com/Mistysylv/status/137...et%3DTweet

Thank you for sharing this on Twitter. 
And thanks so much Tobi (@Mistysylv on Twitter) for your generous donation! As soon as the money transfers into my bank account I will pay the debt I owe to the vets and buy food for Jazzy. 
If you're new to this thread, please consider donating – Jazzy’s illness has constant expenses and I’m currently unemployed, I don’t have any more money to help him right now. You are his only hope!
I have just retweeted Tobi's original tweet. I hope that will help your cause, Rox.

It would be worth asking your friends, some of whom must be on social networks, to tweet about your appeal. You need a wider audience.
(03-13-2021, 07:20 PM)LPC Wrote: I have just retweeted Tobi's original tweet. I hope that will help your cause, Rox.

It would be worth asking your friends, some of whom must be on social networks, to tweet about your appeal. You need a wider audience.

Thank you for helping, LPC.
No, unfortunately I only have 2 friends, and they're not social media people either. One of them already gave me money to buy him Lomustine on March 2nd, but she can't afford to help anymore either, I asked her to post on her Facebook page but she hasn't logged in for years and doesn't have any facebook friends outside of the people she knows personally and who wouldn't help. The other friend is in the same Facebook boat and she can't afford to help me with money, she still has a job but a really bad one in terms of pay. This is exactly why I started asking for help on the internet. I don't know where else to turn.
I'm glad you now have something to pay the vet, Rox (presumably for Jazzy's last vet's bill!), and to get his food. I hope and pray you will get more donations in  the days to come.

I'm not  much of a social media person either. I kind of abandoned Facebook years ago. I do have some who have "friended" me on there, but I avoid it because it draws me into situations I would rather avoid.

But on Twitter, I had quite a few followers at one time -many I noticed are still there, and am "following" quite a few. Very many of both of them are charities or individuals supporting dogs and animals, or helping to search for lost dogs,and I added a few more (new ones) last night.
So with someone who is/was also "following" me, my tweet should show on their "What's New" page.

Thank you  for re-tweeting that, LPC
(Telepathy? Before I logged in I was thinking how to get it re-tweeted!)
(03-14-2021, 01:42 AM)Tobi Wrote: I'm glad you now have something to pay the vet, Rox (presumably for Jazzy's last vet's bill!), and to get his food. I hope and pray you will get more donations in  the days to come.

I'm not  much of a social media person either. I kind of abandoned Facebook years ago. I do have some who have "friended" me on there, but I avoid it because it draws me into situations I would rather avoid.

But on Twitter, I had quite a few followers at one time -many I noticed are still there, and am "following" quite a few. Very many of both of them are charities or individuals supporting dogs and animals, or helping to search for lost dogs,and I added a few more (new ones) last night.
So with someone who is/was also "following" me, my tweet should show on their "What's New" page.

Thank you  for re-tweeting that, LPC
(Telepathy? Before I logged in I was thinking how to get it re-tweeted!)

Yes, it's for his last bill, I still owe them a debt. 
Thank you so much for all your help. I've also been focusing on charities and fundraising groups on Facebook, figured it's his best chance.
Third contributor! Thanks so much Julie Burgoon for your generous donation! 
(03-03-2021, 11:33 PM)Rox Wrote: I'm too embarrassed to ask for their bank accounts with the risk of them not receiving any money for his treatments, but if people want to donate please let me know and I will ask the clinics for their bank accounts (in Romania they're IBAN) and their preference for the reference. 

Why would asking them for their bank accounts be embarrassing? I am sure they would understand that a crowd-funding appeal has a risk of gaining few or no contributions, but you wanted to pay any possible contributions directly to them, no matter how small or large?
I can't understand why that would be an issue.
(03-14-2021, 10:37 AM)Tobi Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 11:33 PM)Rox Wrote: I'm too embarrassed to ask for their bank accounts with the risk of them not receiving any money for his treatments, but if people want to donate please let me know and I will ask the clinics for their bank accounts (in Romania they're IBAN) and their preference for the reference. 

Why would asking them for their bank accounts be embarrassing? I am sure they would understand that a crowd-funding appeal has a risk of gaining few or no contributions, but you wanted to pay any possible contributions directly to them, no matter how small or large?
I can't understand why that would be an issue.

Because I would be asking them to treat him without the guarantee that I can pay them back and I don't want to cause problems for them. they're really great doctors and huge animal lovers, and they have been very understanding, treating him and letting me owe them a debt for a few days or a week, and they were willing to experiment with various treatments and help my boy when other doctors said that there's not much left to do, so I have a lot of gratitude and respect for them and don't want to make their life anymore complicated than it has to be or waste their time. And while they are willing to receive payment into their bank account, they prefer cash. There's also an issue of having to check donations every time and while that may not sound like asking much from them, they're super busy, I kid you not there have been days when I waited in line 3-5 hours before we got in.
I am glad you are getting help. It may be slow, but people are trying.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Help! Jazzy needs $300 in just 5 days for his next round of treatments. Please donate and ask the people in your life in they can donate. No donation is too small! If everyone gives a little money will add up.