Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Help Dog With Cancer, Aggressive Lymphoma, He Needs Urgent Care
(03-19-2021, 12:05 PM)Tobi Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 07:51 AM)Rox Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 05:51 AM)Rox Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 03:28 AM)Tobi Wrote: I passed Jazzy's appeal to someone I know in the UK. She is not on Twitter or Facebook.

I have to tell you that she was cynical about the appeal. There are so many thousands of scams on the internet. She worried that this may be one of them.

So I wrote to the vet in Bucharest, simply asking for confirmation. I included a pretty good Romanian translation (Yandex translate)  I have not heard back yet all week.
I do know that any medical practitioners will not usually disclose details of patients or clients to strangers, but they may do if you ask them to.

Can you ask them to please reply to the recent email they received from someone in the UK (of which the first part is in English)? A brief and simple answer will do.

This is important.  My own gut feelings are my own, and it's impossible for me to convince someone else that I feel this is genuine. But more support may arrive if people were more sure.

I am sorry about all these things but the internet is a jungle, and many have become cynical for good reason much of the time.

Many blessings to dear Jazzy, poor thing. And to you for helping him with all your strength.

Thank you so much for all your help, Tobi!
Did you write to Sanivet or Oncovet? I can call them tomorrow morning and ask them to confirm, it's almost 10 pm right now in Romania. Not sure if they don't answer emails (I've only ever used their phone numbers) or if maybe the translation isn't as good as the app thinks and they though it was weird, or if it's because they don't know about Jazzy's fundraiser. I will definitely call them to sort this out. Let me know which clinic you emailed.
Do you know why your friend though this case is a scam? Is there something I could've done differently?

Also let me know the title of your email please.
I wrote to Sanivet, This was the title of my email: "I need your help please/Am nevoie de ajutorul tău"

No, Rox, you have done nothing wrong. People are just generally very wary of fundraisers because (I think) they are cynical about scams. There are many sophisticated ways to con money out of people nowadays. It's very sad for those with genuine fundraisers I know.

If something "goes viral" in social media, and is endorsed by lots of people, then enormous sums can be raised sometimes. But I do know this: if I had to do the same as you are doing to help my dog, then I probably would get the same result....i.e. that it can be hard to get enough people to donate.
But don't give up. If this fundraiser runs out of days, can you extend it? Or start a fresh one?

Wishing you the very best of luck (and Jazzy.)

OMG! Thanks so much for your second donation, Tobi! Really didn't expect this from anyone. You've been such a champion of Jazzy's, thank you, thank you, thank you!
Sanivet opens in about 1h-1:30h, so I will get back to you pretty soon. 
I will extend the fundraiser when it runs out of days. Problem is that when he developed resistance to Vincristine and had to switch to Lomustine, he was supposed to have 7-10 days in between the two drugs, but he didn't last this long. In the 5th day he started laying on his side, couldn't walk or eat, so I had to give him Lomustine 2-5 days earlier to bring him back to life. This makes me think he won't survive more than a few days if he skips a dose of Lomustine.
@Tobi
By the way, the translation of the title is great. I worry they may have though it was spam. I will ask them what their preference is.
@Tobi
I spoke to the doctor that's at the clinic right now. And I was right, they don't tend to answer emails - she said that they don't have time for this. But I asked her if she could confirm that this is a real case, and I think she will. Please let me know when / if she does.
To be fair they are super busy. There were days when I waited in line for hours before they could see Jazzy, so I do understand her.
I imagined Sanivet may be very very busy.  I can completely understand that they may not have time to respond to some emails. And of course, some emails may end up in the spam folder.
I would be willing to copy-paste and send that again if it would be helpful?

Anyway....yes I will let you know of course if the vet responds to my email.

I feel what a tremendous difference it might make if I can get verification endorsed by Sanivet. Even just the shortest email.

Meanwhile you are going to have to push push push to get this circulating as much as possible on social media. Most forums won't allow this sort of thing, but occasionally, if the moderators are contacted before posting, and all verification is presented to them, there is a very slim chance it will be allowed at Moderators' discretion.
But forums are generally not a good venue.

I also made a new Tweet with the fundraiser last night, asking for re-tweets. Every little while I will do that.

How is Jazzy at the moment?
(03-20-2021, 12:49 AM)Tobi Wrote: I imagined Sanivet may be very very busy.  I can completely understand that they may not have time to respond to some emails. And of course, some emails may end up in the spam folder.
I would be willing to copy-paste and send that again if it would be helpful?

Anyway....yes I will let you know of course if the vet responds to my email.

I feel what a tremendous difference it might make if I can get verification endorsed by Sanivet. Even just the shortest email.

Meanwhile you are going to have to push push push to get this circulating as much as possible on social media. Most forums won't allow this sort of thing, but occasionally, if the moderators are contacted before posting, and all verification is presented to them, there is a very slim chance it will be allowed at Moderators' discretion.
But forums are generally not a good venue.

I also made a new Tweet with the fundraiser last night, asking for re-tweets. Every little while I will do that.

How is Jazzy at the moment?

Thanks so much again for all your help! 
I really don't think exposure is his problem, one of the Facebook groups I posted in has 27.2k followers, none of which donate. I've been updating my posts everyday for the past 3 weeks in multiple groups, and so far only received 1 donation from Facebook, from a smaller group. Most of the money is from this forum and from a Romanian website, those are the people that tend to donate directly into my bank account because they don't have PayPal.
Don't know if it would help to send the message again. Maybe give them 24 hours before you do that, and please use the same title since this is what they're going to look for if they answer.
Jazzy's overall mood is ok right now, he went on walks, he ate. But his stomach is definitely bothering him, he keeps feeling like he needs to poop and when he does you can see he still has really bad diarrhea. But he would need serious treatment for this, which would include shots, pills and a paste that he has to eat, and all of this would cost another $65 in addition to the $50 he needs for Lomustine. So, yeah, I won't take him back for stomach treatment right now because Lomustine is the priority. Nausea is a little better, doctors recommended some cheap pills from human pharmacies and they've helped. He has to take them a lot - half a pill 3 times a day - but he definitely feels better when he takes them.
I can see that fund raising is very complicated. I really don't know much about it. The best I can do in make the forum available to you so you can reach people.
I keep hoping you will have enough funds to make a difference for Jazzy.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(03-20-2021, 02:52 PM)Catherine Wrote: I can see that fund raising is very complicated. I really don't know much about it. The best I can do in make the forum available to you so you can reach people.
I keep hoping you will have enough funds to make a difference for Jazzy.

Thanks, Catherine. I also hope for the best, but fear the worse since time isn't standing still and most people seem to not take him seriously or not care.
He received another contribution and now only needs $40 by Tuesday. Please ask the people you know if they can donate anything.
Thanks to Julie and a possibly a FundRazr admin (though still waiting for confirmation on that one) Jazzy has received an influx of donations in the past 5 hours. Thank you so much to everyone who helped! It means more than I can say. I tried to thank each of you in his fundraiser, if I skipped anyone please let me know. Don’t know if any of the donors are from this forum, but wanted to keep everyone updated. There are new photos and videos https://fundrazr.com/a1mVW6?ref=ab_0A0DD...3hLAUlw2A0
I am so happy you got more donations.  People really do want to help. There is still some time left. It is going to work out.
Jazzy will get the help he needs.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine