Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cat owner wants her cat back
Donna, the Cornish Rex cat has been with Charlene all her life. She just had two beautiful kittens recently. Donna accidently got out when a handicap ramp was being installed in the house.  Charlene did everything possible to find Donna. When she finally found her at Highlands County Humane Society she was overjoyed until she learned that Donna had already been adopted. The shelter policy will not let them intervene to return Donna to her home with Charlene.
Charlene has offered to pay the adoption fee and even give the people a kitten. The shelter refuses to do anything.

https://www.fox13news.com/news/purebred-...eloved-pet

If I am reading the article right, the adoptive family has not yet picked up the cat. It says they plan to drive down from New York.
Since the owner has come forward surely she has first claim on Donna. Offering to pay the fee and give up a kitten is a very generous thing. Why wouldn't the shelter let the cat return to her own home. It is where she wants to be. I would expect that the adoptive family would be willing to take a kitten and let Donna go home. The shelter should at least give them a chance. 

I hope they see this article and help Donna find her way home, without the help of the Shelter and its policies.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

The fact that the cat had a microchip on being found establishes previous "ownership" (I use that term in a purely legal sense). The lady needs to get an urgent court order. It is a pity that she did not keep the phone number on the records up to date.
That is a good point about the microchip. It does establish that the cat was not a stray, but rather someone's lost pet. That means the cat is not available for adoption or at least it shouldn't be.
Even if the microchip info was out of date, it would still list the name of the owner. It would not be impossible to find someone if you have their name.

Donna's people are willing to pay the adoption fee and give up a kitten. How could anyone refuse to help them get their cat back.
Charlene needs a lawyer to act of this right away.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine