The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midnight
Unfortunately I have two posts on the Rainbow Bridge today. The same day I found out Chester had died I later found my Betta Fish Midnight had died.
A few months ago I found Midnight with what most call the dropsys. The dropsys are caused by dry fish food swelling in the fishes belly. Basically their swim bladder swells and it can causes them to either float or drop like a rock to the bottom of their tank unable to do much about it. Midnight had the better of the two (since they need to breathe air). He kept rocketing to the top. He had a rock that had two openings and would hide under when he was able to. I gave him daphnia. He ate it. It's suppose to help get things moving in his digestive system. He made it through the night and was normal by the next morning. Unfortunately once that happens it can lead to complications down the road and often leads to a shorter life span. I'm thinking that Monday was the complications. The only things is I never saw any indication that anything was even wrong. I just found him almost gone and when I scooped him out into a smaller container he was gone. It was weird. I had cleaned his tank a couple days before and he had been getting fed the daphnia regularly. Nothing drastic happened on that day and he had been fine the night before. The only thing I noticed was that he wasn't eating all his food but he was eating.

Midnight was a Black Crowntail Betta one of the more rare bettas. He was a good little guy. It's hard to get really attached to a fish because you can't do much with them but Midnight had a way about him. Anytime I walked into the room he would go crazy swimming all over his tank. He would follow me as much as his tank would allow. like he could see me. It was funny to watch. And of course food was his favorite. He would attack it spit it out and then attack it again until he would finally eat it.

Messages In This Thread
Midnight - by Libby - 12-10-2013, 03:59 AM
RE: Midnight - by Catherine - 12-10-2013, 03:21 PM
RE: Midnight - by Knight of Albion - 12-11-2013, 02:21 AM
RE: Midnight - by Tobi - 12-11-2013, 09:32 AM
RE: Midnight - by Catherine - 12-11-2013, 04:49 PM