Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Four Gray Whales found dead
In the last eight days, four Gray Whales have washed up dead in the San Francisco Bay area. That is an alarming number of whale deaths in so sort a time. The bodies are being studied not to determine the cause. Two of them do appear to be from ship strikes.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/09/us/gray-w...index.html

Gray Whales usually have three main causes of death, ship strikes, entanglement in fishing gear and malnutrition.
All three of these causes can be attributed to humans. Ship strikes and entanglement are obvious. Malnutrition is caused by a decline in their food sources and that can be attributed to climate change. Climate change can be attributed to human activity. 

These beautiful whales that migrate up and down the North American west coast are being destroyed by human activity. It is heartbreaking. 
I got to see the Gray Whales migrating once. It was an amazing sight. I just wish I had realized at the time how amazing a sight it was. If I had been a day later or earlier, I might have missed it.  If we keep pushing the whales to extinction we all might miss it.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine