Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8 amazing therapy animals
Therapy animals are amazing anyhow. They do so much for people. These 8 are special and their stories are inspiring.

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/animalsand...r-stories/

Wouldn't it be wonderful if there were therapy animals everywhere that there were people in need. So much good would come of it.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Aren't these animals wonderful? Every single story is full of love.
I had heard of the cat who could sense when someone was about to die, and lay down beside them. But I had never seen what he looked like before. He has a lovely kind face.

Animals make such a difference for people who need help and healing. I have heard many stories of badly traumatised soldiers returning from active duty and because of PTSD, being in many ways unable to relate to others. But a therapy animal has rescued them, and brought them back to 'themselves.'

(I really like the 'One Green Planet' website. There are many interesting articles.)
You are right, One Green Planet is a great web site. I only looked at the therapy pets when I posted it. That is a wonderful article and I am amazed that even Llamas can be therapy animals.
I have heard of the cat that visits the dying. He is a very special animal. I am sure his presence is a real comfort.

I went back and checked out the Moon Bear article. Didn't we talk about this farm recently? I remember knowing that they bears are going to be freed and the place turned into a sanctuary. This article gives more of the story. I am so glad it is working out.

Weird question: How can bile from a really sick bear be considered good medicine? Seriously, how could anyone actually think that bear bile, especially from such horrible conditions, could have medicinal properties?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine