Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sign to save the Spirit Bears
Please sign this.
The pipeline will do so much damage to my country. The Spirit bears are really a symbol of all that we will lose.Smiley19

The pipeline will leak and destroy so much. The tankers will do what tankers always do, they will have spectacular disasters that destroy the coast forever. It has been more than a decade since the Exon Valdes and the area is still damaged and poisoned.

http://www.savebiogems.org/save-the-spir...=264565452

I cannot begin to understand why anyone would want to risk such damage to such a beautiful area. It is like someone deciding to use the Grand Canyon as a garbage dump. When you look at it that way it seems crazy. It is crazy.
And the fact that we might not be able to stop it scares me.Smiley19
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

This is terribly dangerous for this beautiful unspoilt area, and the area is huge. Oil spills are bound to happen. They always do.
I am so glad to hear British Columbia is opposed to this pipeline. Let's hope the petition will help. I sincerely hope it does.
I have signed of course.
Thank-you for signing. I fear for my country. If they do this, when a spill happens and it will, the oil will enter the water and be carried over a large area. If there is a tanker spill, the whole inlet will be destroyed. The Spirit Bears symbolize the beauty and vulnerability of the area. Once it is destroyed, it cannot be restored. Smiley19

This is not even taking into account the effects of increased production in the Tar Sands. Alberta is already seriously damaged by what they have done so far. Animal deaths have been horrific and there is major habitat loss. Smiley19

I fear for my country.Smiley19
Catherine

Just signed. Hope they listen to the will of the people (rather than a big company).
One way or another, the pipeline can't go through. The potential for harm is just too great.
Thank-you for signing.
Catherine