Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rescuers carry a Rottweiler over 4 miles
While on a hike in California's Los Padres National Forest, Lusha, an eight year old Rottweiler injured her foot.
Her owner tried carrying her. They waited overnight to see if rest would help.  In the end with the help of other hikers they put out a call for help.
The Ventura County search and rescue team arrived with a stretcher. They carried the 80 pound dog down the mountain in style.
Lusha rode like a princess all the way to her car.
Now she is home, all is well.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/resc...19988.html

That was good of the search and rescue people to carry the dog like that. Lusha is a heavy dog. It is good to know that recue teams will do their best for a dog.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

The Ventura search and rescue team did a good job with Lusha. Yes, a big dog is hard and often impossible to carry for any distance.

I'm glad they got her out of there and hopefully now her foot is better!

I only weigh about 20-30lbs more than Lusha!
Rescue teams are amazing when it comes to dogs. They will do anything and carry a dog any distance no matter how heavy.

I think I read about someone who put on climbing gear and scaled down a cliff to rescue a kitten trapped on a ledge. 
People will do anything to rescue an animal in need. That is one of our good points.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine