Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foie gras - the UK Royal Family divided
The Royal Ramily is visiting France for the D-Day celebrations. I just found this article, which shows a difference of opinion between Prince Charles and the Queen over foie gras. The basic facts are: "The state dinner has already proved controversial as it has been revealed that the Queen has asked for foie gras to be served – despite Prince Charles banning it from his menus, saying the gavage force-feeding is cruel."

You can read the full article here:
http://connexionfrance.com/Queen-Holland...ticle.html

Old habits die hard, it seems....The sooner this appallingly cruel method of food production is banned, the better.
Oh my goodness! I am very sad to hear Foie Gras is available any more at all, and hasn't been completely banned!
Good for Charles! I am glad he is there to speak up.
I hate to impose any horrible visions on anyone -but it would do Her Majesty good to watch a video of exactly what happens to those geese! It is horrifically cruel. Some old people are stuck in their old ways of ignorance, and 'tradition'. If they really saw what was going on, maybe they would change their viewpoint.....I don't know. My aunt (in her eighties) still eats meat, and thinks it is unwise not to eat it. She doesn't think of the story behind the meat.
I am glad to hear the Prince Charles is against Foie Gras. That means the future will be better. I believe the Queen still wears fur, so yes old habits die hard. At her age I do not know if you could change her thinking, but I would love to have her watch a video before she eats the Foie Gras. And she should have to watch a "fur" video before she wears a fur coat again. Ignorance is no excuse at any age.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine