Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my views on the circus entertainment
Circuses everywhere are moving away from animal shows. People no longer want to see animals exploited for entertainment.
I think circuses that still have animals are subject to inspection by local animal control agencies or local humane societies.
There would be workplace safety laws to cover high wire  acts. Places where circuses take place would be subject to local fire safety laws.

Many of your suggestions would be covered by changes in local laws. Any tent would have to pass a lot of safety conditions and inspections.
Circuses can no longer run the way they did. They would not be permitted to exploit handicapped people. 
The traditional things  like the music and costumes would be permitted. 
I don't know if dogs and horses in the circus are such a good idea. It would be hard on the horses to travel. Maybe there are ways of making it work.

What isn't there is the audience. People are not attracted to the circus. Some of the circuses closed because they had such poor attendance levels.
We have more entertainment choices. I can't see any reason why I would go to the circus. There are so many things I would rather do.
Circuses were big at a time when small towns had few choices for fun. The circus traveled by train and the trains passed through  many towns.  Now people have cars and can go where they please. As rail travel declines so does the circus.

There are new modern forms of circus. Cirque du Soleil is one.

https://youtu.be/nQ5eUJNXrMw

They have never done animal acts. It is all about acrobatics.

I think the traditional circus has run its course and will be come part of the history of entertainment.

I wonder if rodeos will be next.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: my views on the circus entertainment - by Catherine - 05-08-2021, 02:57 PM
RE: my views on the circus entertainment - by LPC - 05-08-2021, 08:11 PM