Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet GPS
A couple of new dog owners were devastated when there dog Leo  ran out the door and disappeared.  While they were worrying about him they were also thinking about how this could have been prevented. Their business involved GPS trackers for vehicles. They got the idea of a GPS tracker for a pet's collar. They set it up so their phone would get an alert if the dog left the area.  The business has caught on and is expanding. 
Leo had followed another dog walking with a person and  before too long he was brought back to the house.

https://www.yorkregion.com/community-sto...e-pet-gps/

It is a good idea to have a tracker on a pet that might run and get lost. Some dogs like to run and don't think about how to get back home.
This is an idea that has a good practical application. It could just catch on.
I could see how it would be good with pet birds that can really  take off. If you even knew which way the bird went it would help with the search.
I am sure there are lots of things we would like to track.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Excellent idea, provided the human remembers to put the collar on the dog each morning. For those with dogs who escape (ours doesn't and follows me round most of the day!) this is truly a great initiative.
I have noticed that some dogs like to stay close to their people and some dogs like to run. They don't think about where they are going or how they are going to get back. A pet GPS would make living with a dog like that much easier. You are right though, the human involved has to remember to put the GPS on the dog every day.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine