Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online community helps in search for lost bird
Bobbin is a blue Quaker Parrot. He was with his human companion for several years. He had a lot of personality and he made a difference in her life.
Then the unthinkable happened, Bobbin got out into the big outside world of Toronto. Marlena searched all night. Others joined her. When he wasn't immediately found she turned to Palz Petz Zone a Facebook group that helped in the search. Over 7000 posters went up and every lost bird report was checked out. Members of the group helped pay for the printing of the posters. 
Every effort was made to find Bobbin. Sadly after 2 years there is little hope of his return and we may never know what happened to him. 
The online community was there for Marlene and even helped her bond with a new bird, a love bird. Pip is not Bobbin, but was a much needed distraction.

https://www.thestar.com/life/together/pe...riend.html

It was amazing how the online community helped rally around Marlene. No one person could have put up so many posters and covered so much of the city.
This happened in my neighbourhood and I carried Bobbin's poster around for a long time. Every time I visited the Humane Society I checked the bird room, just in case Bobbin was there and had been misidentified. They had Bobbin's poster up, but still, I wanted to be sure. 
I think it is tremendous how  the online pet community responded. Even if we didn't find Bobbin, at least we know we really tried. Who knows, maybe someone who found him will come forward now. I think we would be happy to know that he is okay.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine