Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portdown Lab kills guinea pigs
This is particularly nasty.Angry
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...paign=1490
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mod...me-3615383

The thing is, I remember watching a documentary about this kind of thing back in the 60's. Why are they still testing the same thing over and over again and still killing animals in the process?Angry
When does the madness end?Angry
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(06-09-2014, 03:58 PM)Catherine Wrote: When does the madness end?Angry
The answer I would like to give is "Soon!", but the realistic answer is sadly "Not for a long time, until humans have developed more awareness".

(06-09-2014, 03:58 PM)Catherine Wrote: The thing is, I remember watching a documentary about this kind of thing back in the 60's. Why are they still testing the same thing over and over again and still killing animals in the process?Angry

Humans continue to invent new deadly biological weapons all the time, so nothing has changed except that perhaps the substances tested are different. But one thing IS the same: the animals suffer and are killed, for very dubious and probably invalid results. I noticed this passage in the articles:

"Not only are these tests cruel, they're also utterly useless, since even though humans and other species experience pain and fear in the same way, every species differs in its physiological responses to chemical agents and antidotes.

"The fact that the MoD, with the best technology in the world at its disposal, still chooses to torture animals in costly and agonising experiments, which cannot be extrapolated to humans, is a bloody stain on the whole country."

How true!
I will stick my neck out and say this...the Guinea Pigs were "put down humanely after the tests"....is a downright lie. If Sarin kills a human in the most cruel and horrendous way (by suffocation) -in 10 minutes, then the Guinea Pigs would have suffered a cruel death well before anyone had chance to give them an "overdose of anesthetic".

Obviously the mind-set of these people puts weapons of mass destruction as a higher priority than consideration towards any creature.

It really doesn't make me any better than them, but I would like to blow that place sky-high. (After getting all the innocents out first of course.)
Quote:It really doesn't make me any better than them, but I would like to blow that place sky-high. (After getting all the innocents out first of course.)
I can't even post what I would like to do to the people who run the place. Of course we can't act that way because it brings us down to their level. What would be better is to turn the whole place into an animal sanctuary/park. After all the years that piece of land has witnessed such great cruelty, I think only a sanctuary would heal the land. I think of it as a place where the Earth is wounded.

We know the guinea pigs were not put down humanely.
We know the data they gain is useless.
We also know the use of these weapons is illegal.
And the people who run the place know it too.

The weapons I saw used in the 60's were plenty destructive enough.
This is a case where MORE IS NOT BETTER!
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine