Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do animals hug each other?
This is a long complex article, but it is worth the read. They studied different primate species and found they do hug. They do it to comfort and reassure each other. They do it as a greeting to others that are close. Hugging plays a strong role in social interactions. 
Primate hugging resembles human hugging. What about other species. They have behavior that has the same effect. It is not hugging as we know it, but it is a form of hugging. Even marine mammals engage in a form of hugging. 
Humans may have made it more of a social convention, but hugging is still important to us.

https://www.livescience.com/do-other-animals-hug.html

Clearly hugging is a basic part of nature and how animals respond to each other. It is interesting that they should publish this now. This past year because of the pandemic humans have been deprived of hugs. It is taking a toll on us. It is the most natural thing to do and yet right now we can't do it.
I think once the restrictions are lifted we are going to follow the example of our primate cousins give hugs wherever needed. I hope so.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

i can see that in my dog lol he loves when i hug him and sometimes he not try to not move when my cat is sleeping nearhim
animals know and feel the love from hug and touch
I think animals like hugging each other and they like hugging us. They just know how to respond to each other.

It has been a year of not touching another human being and I saw an old friend on Saturday. I was wearing a mask and I am vaccinated, so yes we hugged. She is so good at hugging and I really needed that. 
Even the dogs are feeling neglected because we don't touch other people's dogs right now.  I bet they could use some hugs.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine