Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An inovative zoo
First let me say that I might want to take a holiday trip after all.
This is a genius idea.
http://www.post-gazette.com/life/travel/...1405250087

http://www.philadelphiazoo.org/Explore/Z...Trails.htm
Can you imagine watching a tiger crossing on a skyway? What a wild thought.
I do regular remakes of my reptile tanks and I know they like it. Maybe be I need to take things further.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Ha I saw this a while ago. Every zoo keeper who commented said 'wait until it pees on you!'
It's an interesting concept
Ha ha! platy! So true! That is sure to happen one day! lol
Good point. I am sure the big cats can spray quite a distance from their skyway. It would add an element of risk to a zoo visit. We do like scary things so it is a perfect situation.Smiley4

Seriously though, it does give the animals an interesting life.
Catherine

I think it would be cool being able to see animals that way. You really cannot grasp just how big big cats are until you're right up next to them.
I could actually visit that zoo. I would need a passport, but from Toronto it is not that long a trip.

I need to do a zoo tour. I want to visit several other places because some of out Toronto zoo animals are living there. Seeing the zoo 360 set up would be a lot of fun. The big cats are amazing, but I would love to see the Orangutans traveling overhead. The are tree climbers so they must love it.

One of my dream vacations would be visiting places like this.
Catherine

Quote:One place I really want to visit is the Smithsonian in Washington. And apparently it's free too.

I got to do that 25 years ago and it is a great museum. It is a whole set of buildings so give yourself enough time. I got to touch a moon rock. I remember it being free. The whole city is beautiful. I loved the Lincoln Memorial. It is much bigger in person than the pictures suggest.

There is so much to see. I could take a bus down to Pennsylvania. It would take about 8 hours. The hardest part would be getting a passport. It is such a hassle.
Catherine