Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ways to keep your pets cool in the extreme heat
Some places are experiencing extreme heat this summer. Pets have died of the heat. It is important to be aware of the problem and the signs of heat stress and take precautions. This article has some good suggestions about keeping a pet cool.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c...-1.6082033

Frozen water bottles seems like a good idea. They can stay cool all day while you are out so your pet has a cooling source.
I freeze a bag of dry rice when I need a cold pack. That might work for a pet. The pet could lie on it and cool down. It gradually warms up so there is no danger of frost bite. 
Ice in the water dish seems like a nice touch anyhow. On a really hot day it would really help cool down a hot furry pet.
Taking walks at night and in the early morning would be nicer for both of you anyhow.  No one should be out is the full sun when it is really hot.

Please never leave a dog in a hot car. 

Keeping the curtains closed during a hot sunny day might help keep things cooler at home.
I open my windows at night and close them during the day and that helps keep my place cool enough for my pets.
Knowing that there is a danger from heat should be enough to keep our pets safe if we are careful.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine