Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog transported in crate on the back of an RV
There is a terrible heat wave in BC. Temperatures are above 40C.   Someone put their dog in a crate and attached it to the back of their RV. They were seen driving along the highway like that. They were seen in a number of places before they were stopped so the dog was in that crate like that for some time. Many people reported it and the dog has been rescued. He is safely at an animal shelter. The owners will be charged with animal cruelty.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c...-1.6088598

https://driving.ca/auto-news/local-conte...-heat-wave

Even if it wasn't desperately hot, it would have been scary for the dog to be in a crate on the back of the vehicle. The dog would have had no protection if they had been in an accident. Then there is the heat. Many people in the area have died of the heat. The dog would have been subject to the full force of the heat. They didn't even cover his crate to keep the sun off of it.  It is fortunate so many people saw the dog and reacted. He probably would have died if he hadn't been rescued when he was.
What were these people thinking. Clearly they didn't think about their dog. He should have been inside the vehicle where there was air-conditioning. They deserve to be charged. The dog deserves a better home. 

Well done all those people who called it in. They saved the dog's life.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It is difficult to understand how people could be so cruel. The Canadian heat bubble is world news and these humans just didn't care what happened to their dog.
I have heard that 100 people have died in the heat in Canada right now. The number may be higher since someone told me that today.

What a heartless thing to do. It must have been terrifying for that dog, and the dog was exposed to the weather with no shade. I am glad the RV was stopped, and he was rescued.
There are probably several hundred deaths from the heat in BC. People are being found dead in their non air-conditioned homes. 
It hit 49C in one BC town. Then the wildfires came through and there really is no town left. They don't have a death toll yet.

Anyone in BC is aware of the heat. I didn't realize the rest of the world was so aware. 

Putting a dog in a crate on the back of a vehicle is a bad idea without the heat. It would be dangerous and terrifying. During the heat spell it was almost fatal.
The dog was only saved because so many people called in the location so he could be rescued.

Things are bad enough right now that someone listening to the news said to me they have found more bodies. I thought she was talking about a completely different story and there was a third story it could have been. 
There are 175 wildfires in BC.  A hurricane is bearing down on the site of a collapsed building on the Florida coast. 
Does anyone still doubt global warming and the effects of catastrophic climate change.
Catherine

"Does anyone still doubt global warming and the effects of catastrophic climate change."

Not on this forum, but there are (amazingly) lots of climate change deniers, especially in the USA.
Right now in many places, climate change deniers are about to have the effects of catastrophic climate change right there in their back yards whether they believe it or not. There are wildfires in a number of countries and and dangerous storms. The Antarctic ice is melting and the sea level is rising too. What will it take for some people to take things seriously.
Catherine