Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy World Snake Day!
This is World Snake Day and it would be a good day to sit back and think about how amazing snakes are. They come in many sizes and colours and they live everywhere, but the Antarctic. Some are very secretive and some are very friendly and make wonderful pets. Some like to live alone and some are comfortable  in groups. Snakes live anywhere from the tree tops to under logs or buried in the sand. Some lay eggs and some give live birth. Some leave their young to fend for themselves and some stay with them.  They have no arms or legs and yet they can move quite smoothly and quickly. Some are venomous, but most are not.
To sum it up, snakes are many things. They have existed for a long time, adapted to many parts of the world. 
It is only now that we have destroyed many ecosystems that snakes are endangered and perhaps some are on the verge of extinction. 
So let us celebrate snakes now while we still have so many kinds.  It will be a sad day if we lose even one species of snake.  Smiley19

https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/world-snake-day/

I think most of you know that snakes are a bit of a favorite with me. I love my pet snakes and I am amazed by their beauty every time I look at them.
[Image: 218571897_3650814495019654_8448399285042...e=60F663BB]
This is Willow, my snow white striped corn snake. She is so delicately beautiful. I have had her from an egg so she is my baby.
It is a jot to watch her grow. Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine