Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky dogs end up in Northern Ontario Shelter
Many American shelters are filled to capacity and yet the dogs keep coming in. The answer is to find other shelters that can take the dogs. This time it is dogs from Kentucky who are being taken in by a North Bay Humane Society. As the name implies, it is  a long way north. It is a smaller shelter so they can only take 10-15 dogs at a time, but for those dogs life has a bright future in forever homes.

https://www.narcity.com/toronto/ontario-...d-of-homes

I am always glad to hear about animal transfers like this. There are places that are overwhelmed by rescue dogs. They have no hope of finding them homes. They have dogs coming in all the time. Shipping the dogs to other locations gives them a chance. They are going to a place that is not saturated with dogs. There are people there who want dogs. 
I just wonder what a dog from Kentucky thinks when it arrives in Northern Canada. Everything is so different. Wait until they see snow. It is really fun at first, but after a while you get tired of it. Believe me, every winter, by February we are tired of it. Maybe dogs will feel differently.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine