Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolf Slaughter in Wisconsin
This is a long and complicated article about a long and complicated issue. In short, Wisconsin issues many wolf hunting permits. They allow hunters to use dogs to track down the wolves. The dogs are wearing GPS collars. The hunters use snow mobiles. One hunter with a permit can have many "helpers". Those helpers are actually unpermitted hunters who take part in the kill.  This time they killed 216 wolves in 2 1/2 days. That overshot the quota by 83%, The hunt was stopped at that point, but 216 wolves are still dead.
We know details because of the Wolf Patrol. Ron Coronado, founder of the wolf patrol, goes out and gets videos of the hunters to document what they  are doing.
It is a complicated situation, but the the results are a wolf massacre regularly.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/j...nservation

I am still trying to take this all in. I know many people are against wolves. I know hunters want to kill wolves. I just can't take in the gleeful approach to killing. I can't understand how they call themselves hunters when they use dogs and technology against a helpless animal. 
Changes do have to be made on a government level to stop this. The only thing that is going to force those changes is the work of groups like the Wolf Patrol.
I hope they can do something while there are still wolves left to save.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It's a proven that when you kill wolves it upsets the balance of nature we encroached on their land trap them and neuter some of them but don't kill them,they're doing the same to our native dog the dingo.
I didn't realize they were trapping and neutering Dingos. We do that with feral cats that have over populated in cities.
I hope the program is working. 

I don't think the wolf numbers are high enough. They are reintroduced and they are not fully established yet. 
However there is a strong negative attitude against wolves, especially among hunters. They see all wolves as bad.

If we would leave the wolves alone they would restore balance to their ecosystem.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine