Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which pet will make you happy
Lots of people get pets. During the pandemic that number soared. That is not a bad thing. On thing people need to consider is what pet should they get. It is not just the cat vs dog question. It also matters what kind of cat or dog. Then there are non cat or dog choices. In many ways the happiness of having a pet is effected by the choice  of the pet. The right dog or the right cat matters.

https://www.theatlantic.com/family/archi...ss/619663/

In my case it is the right lizard or snake. I can love the little Love Birds, but I doubt I could live with one.
Don't even consider a talking bird for me. My chatty guinea pig is as noisy as I can stand. There is a right pet for everyone. It matters that people spend some time considering what pet before making a choice. Pets are living longer these days so we are spending 10-15 years with a pet or longer. We would do well to do a little research and think about what pet and how will that pet fit into our lives. A little thought now will make a 15 year experience much better.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I like most animals but there are some I wouldn't have,I think you have to take things into consideration like time,your age,finances I'm in my 70's so even though I've had a lot of pets in the past I know my limitations so just a cat for me.
Quote:I like most animals but there are some I wouldn't have,I think you have to take things into consideration like time,your age,finances I'm in my 70's so even though I've had a lot of pets in the past I know my limitations so just a cat for me.
I think you are wise. Neither of us would want to take on a cockatiel or an African Gray Parrot  at our age.   I make a point of not getting a pet that will be too big for me to handle. Barrie was as big as I could manage. I don't mind fostering things that will get big later because their later will be with someone else.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine