Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 Amazing Dads from the animal kingdom
There are quite a few species where the father plays a main role in raising the youngsters.
Red Foxes....water bugs.....wolves...Sea Horses....Emperor Penguins...

http://www.care2.com/causes/10-amazing-d...ngdom.html
That is amazing. I had forgotten about Father's Day. Some of he greatest father's in the world are in the animal kingdom.

Let me add to the list. Male dwarf hamsters are good fathers. They help the mom keep the babies warm and stay with them while she gets food. I have even seen them bring food to the babies in their cheek pouches.

Golden Skink Lizards are good fathers. My male stayed with the female while she gave live birth. He watched over the newborns and even nudged one to get it moving. I discovered that the mother and father together slept with the babies at night. The father encouraged and showed the babies how to hunt crickets. He was so protective. He checked the tank out hourly to make sure it was safe.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

One of the beauties of raising a variety of pets Catherine. We learn things that we may not otherwise know if we only saw these incredible creatures in the wild!
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
I have seen some amazing behavior. I also get out to the zoo and in the winter months when it is quiet you get to see the animals relaxed and at home. I saw an Orangutan dad playing with his son. I saw a female gorilla kiss her babies toes. It was so like something I would want to do.Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine