Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animal Stars...Where are they now?
We have all seen animals staring in movies and TV shows. Do we ever ask the question, where are then now when the show is over. Animal stars do not always do well after the show is over. Many have had unhappy endings.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/16...tragedies/

I might think about it now, but growing up I never thought about the animals when the show was over.

I loved the show Flipper. The loved the Dolphin. Why did I never give her a thought when the show was over. I don't know what I thought happened to her.
A few years ago I was at a documentary film festival and the Dolphin trainer for Flipper was there and he told us what happened to Cathy the real dolphin.  She chose to die. After being a star, death was preferable  to living in a small tank at some aquarium. She used to watch her own show. They put a tv where she could see it. Life after the show was bleak and empty for her. Death was preferable to the life she was living.
Why did I never think of her?

We need to be thinking about the animals they use in the entertainment industry. After the show is over, their lives still go on. We need to be sure they are good lives.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine