Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latte
Quote:I think they enjoyed not having to challenge each other, which they would have had to do if they lived together. It seems a bond can be just as strong through a barrier as without, we have seen it on a number of occasions at the rescue.

And yes, the Latte hole is huge, but cuddles and kisses from the other piggies are a great consolation.

Greeting from Wales.

The dynamics between guinea pigs is very complicated. They can be friends as long as their territory is not compromised. Even the dominant piggies want to have friends.

I am sure the cuddles and hugs are helping everybody all around.
A good hug can warm the saddest heart and lift the lowest spirits.Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Thank you. The piggies seem to be settling a bit now.
We had a major clean out yesterday and all the piggies had baths. That gave them something else to think about!!
I think they've forgiven me now as they all came out and had breakfast and I had a kiss from all of them.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
That's what I love about guinea pigs. You can turn their lives upside down with baths and cleaning, but as soon as you offer them breakfast, all is forgiven.
I think guinea pigs(and other animals) move on with life after a loss because they do not question things. Life just is and they do not fight it. That plus the ability to show enthusiasm for breakfast everyday even though it is usually the same thing they had yesterday. They never complain if you run out of a vegetable. They just eat whatever you do have.
It is we humans who worry about things that find life hard.

Life goes on, but Latte has a cherished place in our memories.Heart
Catherine

Yes, life goes on.
After our visit to the rescue yesterday we came home with 2 scared little girls to foster. Their owner has been taken into hospital and is very unlikely to come out, so Social Service asked Suzy to take on the piggies. They've had their 2 weeks quarantine but don't appear to have been handled much at all and are very flighty. We get to name them as Suzy wasn't told their names, but we're waiting to get to know them a bit first.
They'll be with us for a couple of months, provided our girls are ok with it, Marigold can get a bit stressed if there is another dominant sow in the room. Although she clearly didn't mind Latte.Heart

When I've managed to get some photos I'll start a new thread about them. Hopefully they'll have names by then.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
I guess life must go on because there is always another piggie(s) that needs to be cared for.
I think it is a tribute to the one we have lost that we do go on and give love and care to new animals.

Poor little girls, they must be scared with their owner gone. Guinea pigs do not like change. I look forward to hearing about them.
Catherine