Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gucci and Louis Vuitton skin reptiles alive for their pricey handbags
This is not totally new news, because Gucci and Louis Vuitton were exposed for using baby alligator skins. Those little babies were skinned alive. Now PETA has footage of a lizard and snake slaughterhouses that brutally skin live animals for Gucci and Louis Vuitton bags. The absolute cruelty of it is beyond belief. How can any human being be so cruel and callous towards a living creature. I actually watched the videos and I may yet throw up. 

https://nypost.com/2021/12/17/gucci-loui...bags-peta/

The thing is, this cruelty happens in slaughterhouses. We know that. Gucci and Louis Vuitton knows that. They continue to buy the skins. They continue to use skins of various animals in their products. They could make the change. There are beautiful vegan products available. I think people would be happy to buy cruelty free vegan products. They can be made to look like the leather products they are replacing.

I have a beautiful handcrafted leather wallet....only it is not leather, it is vegan. It looks and feels like leather. What feels different is me. I know that no animal suffered in the making of my wallet. If I can do it, if a local artist can do it, then companies like Gucci and Louis Vuitton with all their resources can make the change.  They are big enough that they could change the whole industry. If no one buys the skins the slaughterhouses will close. Maybe they can retrain people to work in the vegan leather industry. Change is possible if they have the will to change.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine