Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homeless shelters that accept pets
In the past people who were homeless either had to stay on the streets or give up their pets. Many chose the streets. Recognition of the importance of pets in our lives has changed our thinking about homeless shelters. Some are set up now to allow people to bring their pets. 
Other alternatives are animal shelters that will hold people's pets temporarily while they look for a home.

https://www.blackhillsfox.com/2022/05/01...reet-pets/

Most homeless shelters don't allow pets, but the idea is catching on. I think as it becomes clear that it can be done, shelters will find a way to house pets as they house homeless people. I think a person has more chance of finding a stable life if they have their pet companion with them. Sometimes the pet is the only support system they have. Without the love of a pet what reason would the person have to keep  going. We all need love and acceptance in our lives. When things are so bad that you are living on the streets what other support would you have, but a pet? If you had resources you wouldn't be on the streets.

I hope this is a trend that spreads everywhere that there are homeless people who need help. It is giving the help that they want and need.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine