Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peta calls for criminal investigation of JackAss animal movie stunts
PETA is investigating the latest Jackass movie and calling for criminal charges for animal abuse. Animals were deliberately provoked into reacting. Some, the bees actually died.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/02/05/peta-crim...al-stunts/

After looking at the trailer I can tell you nothing could make me watch the movie. Any of the Jackass movies seem pretty stupid. They are also exploiting animals in their stunts. They are cruel and they cause animals distress. Certainly the tarantula was in danger of being injured. Animals are not movie props and they deserve better treatment.  
If people want to do really stupid things and call it a movie, I am sure there are other people who will pay to watch it. That does not give them the right to abuse animals. It is not enough to just not watch the movie. It is important that PETA go after them. If not they will just make another movie and abuse more animals.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It just goes to show the Jackass people are just that, and are not real Pros.
I personally know someone who in the past, had dogs who appeared in movies. She told me the level of care involved, a vet constantly on-set, demanding water breaks, food breaks, rest breaks, or stress breaks, and all after a short period of time. She told me the dogs were treated better than the actors.
It is very sad to still be hearing of any creatures treated badly for our entertainment. I am reassured that PETA are going after them. Good work!
Certain types of movies are badly done. I doubt the actors are well treated either. I watched the trailer and that is as much Jackass as I ever want to see. 

Any time I have heard about animals in a movie, they are treated well. They need the animal to want to cooperate with the movie so they make sure they are happy.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine