Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No one showed up for a dog's adoption party...until now
Sad 
Luke the dog has been at the shelter for over 200 days. No one has shown interest. So the shelter held a Valentine's  Day adoption party for Luke hoping to find his forever home. No one came to the party. The shelter staff did their best, but it was sad that no one came to see Luke. He is a shy boy who is overlooked even though he has much love to give.

https://people.com/pets/dog-in-shelter-f...day-party/

People always want the pretty, outgoing dogs. They completely miss the gentle, shy dogs who would be so happy to be rescued. I hope this article touches someone who wants a dog and inspires them to adopt Luke. I think Luke is a good looking dog and I bet he is a real gentleman, with good manners.
I hope the next we hear of him, it will be an adoption story.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I hope that the article will reach lots of people, amongst whom there is someone who would like Luke as a companion.
He would be a great dog companion. I just hope his story touches someone's heart.
Catherine

No one showed up for Luke's Valentine's Day adoption party. The article that told us about Luke creates a world wide outpouring of love for Luke. He received love letters and toys and some serious interest in adopting him.  
A nice family with two children were very serious about wanting Luke as part of their family. He went to live with them on a trial basis. It was a perfect fit and Luke is now a permanent member of the family.

https://people.com/pets/dog-stood-up-at-...y-adopted/

Once people knew about Luke they wanted him. They just didn't know about him. I am glad they did the article. Now I just hope the interest in Luke will carry over to other dogs who are waiting in shelters for someone to adopt them. If someone really wants a dog, there are many wonderful dogs waiting for a home.
Luke was lucky and so was his adoptive family.  They are happy together. That happiness is there waiting in the shelter for anyone who wants to take it home.
Catherine

I remember this story. Great news! Everyone loves a happy ending. For Luke, a new life is beginning with a family which loves him.
I am happy Luke found a home. I am sure the publicity helped.
Catherine