Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
People in Ukraine flee with their pets
Quote:I share your hope. This is not a political forum, but for the record my wife and I strongly condemn the death, suffering and violence caused by the Russian invasion of a neighbouring country.
I think this act of aggression is condemned everywhere. Even though we are non political I felt we should acknowledge the invasion because it does have an effect on the lives of animals. You are ahead of me. I had not yet thought about farm animals or wild animals. I was thinking of the fact that people were taking their pets with them as they flee danger. I was remembering Hurricane Katrina and how people were forced to leave their animals behind. Never since then have people been willing to leave their pets behind.
Sadly there will be no one to rescue stray dogs who will be caught in the shelling.

I know the nature area around Chernobyl is in the conflict zone. I fear for the many animals who have thrived in peace there. 
All we can do is wait and hope. You are right that some humans are warlike and aggressive. It is the innocent that will suffer from this latest act of aggression.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: People in Ukraine flee with their pets - by Catherine - 02-26-2022, 04:34 PM