Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hong Kong pets abandoned at alarming rate.
People are not happy with Hing Kong's covid rules. They are leaving Hong Kong in large numbers. People who have another country to go to are going. What they are not doing is taking their pets. Pet travel permits are hard to get and flight out of Hong Kong are not regular any more. It is also very expensive to travel with a pet. 
These pets are ending up at shelters and rescues. They are all over loaded and still more pets come in. 

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacif...022-03-18/

This situation is building into an emergency. At some point shelters will just have no more room, no more resources. When that happens what will happen to the abandoned pets?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(03-20-2022, 03:42 PM)Catherine Wrote: This situation is building into an emergency. At some point shelters will just have no more room, no more resources. When that happens what will happen to the abandoned pets?

Sadly, I think we both know the answer to that question. The Communist Government in China - which controls HK - has already been ruthless in "euthanising" animals by hitting them with iron bars (remember that?) when animal caretakers fall ill with Covid.
It is a terrible situation. Many people wanted to take their pets with them, but they couldn't find a way.
I know the shelters will do the best they can. Sadly it would be kinder if they euthanized the animals because they would do it humanely.
I feel for anyone who is put in that position. They will know they are doing the kindest thing, but it won't bring them peace.
They can't let the government get ahold of these animals.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine