Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Baby Orangutan born at Toronto Zoo.
The Toronto Zoo has a new baby Orangutan. It is a little boy and both his parents were born at the zoo and they are part of the species survival plan. 
The species is so critically endangered that it is important for genetic diversity that there be a healthy population living in the safety of a place like Toronto Zoo.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2022/04/11/c...ronto-zoo/

They are all special, but this one is very special. His grandma is a smart old lady who lives at the zoo. She gave birth to Budi 16 years ago. He was such a character.  His mom, Pupe would come over the the glass and sit next to me and put the baby between us. We would just sit and watch him play and be comfortable with each other. I watched him grow up. Sekali, the new mom, had a baby that year too and I watched her  with her baby. Sekali is a pretty girl.
The thought of little Budi being a daddy is so cute. His own father was so good with him. Moloch is gone now, but he was such a good father. He was a big handsome male Orangutan. Whoever the baby looks like, he is going to be a cutie. He can't help, but grow up to be  a fine looking Orangutan.

He is going to have a fun childhood. They are building a fun outdoor area for the Orangutans. We have such hot humid summers, they are going to love it outside.
I can't wait to get out there to see him.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine