Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Navy to kill 1000s marine mammals
"The Navy is prepared to kill nearly 1,000 whales and other marine mammals during the next five years of testing and training with dangerous sonar and explosives. Tell Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel to direct the Navy to adopt commonsense safeguards that will protect marine mammals during routine training without compromising military readiness."

https://secure.nrdconline.org/site/Advoc...E-25w-SNR2

I sent the letter but after it tries to get you to donate money which I didn't do. And I would strongly advise you not give them any money. The letter will be more than enough.

This is awful. Many of the marine mammals are already on the endangered species list. If this is allowed it's likely many will become extinct that much faster. It makes me angry that so many think they should just be allowed to do this with no thought to the existing fragile ecosystems.
I don't normally post this stuff but this really angered me.
I also sent the letter. Thank you for posting this Libby. I had no idea what was happening.
This is horrific! I am glad Pierce Brosnan is speaking up against the massacre.
The Navy should be working to save the whales. If they focused on a positive task the world would be a better place. I would feel safer.

When a bunch of people play war games and test weapons, I do not feel safer.
We don't need this and the whales don't need this. They even know they will be killing whales. They can't even plead ignorance. Angry

Let the Whales live!
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine