Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog walker leaves dog to die in hot car.
A family sent their dog off with a dog walker. When he didn't come home on time they didn't worry at first. Then concern set in. When they finally contacted the dog walker, they found out he had left their dog in his car, for hours, on a hot day. Chilly, the Samoyed, was dead. The loss was shocking and upsetting. Their beloved dog died a miserable death, alone in a hot car. They were understandable upset.
Then they found out that the dog walker had done this to another dog a few years earlier. He left Teddy in a hot car where he died. 

It seems dog walking is not well regulated.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8889149/toron...-pet-died/

It is shocking that a dog walker would be so careless as to leave a dog in his car. What is more shocking is the dog walker continuing to walk dogs after he killed the first dog. Having killed a dog in a hot car, I would expect him to be much more careful.  How could he do it again? How does he still have a license for his business?
I think the dog walking business could use a little bit of oversight. It should not of been possible for this to happen again. There should have been some way for the family to learn about the first dog's death before they trusted their dog to the same dog walker. I don't know if the dog walker will be charged this time, but he certainly should not continue to walk dogs.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine