Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy World Snake Day
Happy World Snake 

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSoxVo9ERfPjbe1Qr3GLON...Q&usqp=CAU]

https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/world-snake-day/

This is kind of a major holiday at my place. I have lots of little snakes to celebrate with. Special greetings to Daniel Pine Snake who just turned 12 years old and Bob Hognose snake who is about 14 years old. I have had Daniel since she hatched in July 2010.

Whether it is a wild snake or a special pet, all snakes deserve our recognition and our thanks. Snakes do a terrific job of keeping rats and mice under control.
In their own quiet way they balance our ecosystems.
Snake2                Snake1
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

To celebrate World Snake Day, I volunteered at the Big on Bloor street festival. I was part of a "reptile show" that ran from noon until midnight.
We showed reptiles to the public, especially snakes. We talked about the importance of snakes. I let people actually touch a snake and even hold it.
We did a lot to educate people about snakes. For some people, it was the first time they had ever seen a snake. They couldn't believe how beautiful they are  and how friendly. I will be out there again tomorrow from noon until 6pm doing the same, but with a different snakes. They had a good day, but they are tired and need to rest on Sunday.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine