Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jasmine & Cupid's Babies
Here they are, born yesterday 12/12/13, 2 boars and a sow.

[Image: DSC02369_zps84b43ef9.jpg]
HeartHeartHeart
Now this time I am sure I see curly hair and do I see crests.
?
The little black one is like a little black lamb. What colour is the middle one. It looks like cream, but not quite.

Cupid has done it again, he has fathered a really fine litter.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes, you can definitely see curly hair and crests. The one in the middle is a lilac.

I'm very pleased with this litter and I am hoping that the curlies do in fact grow to be long haired.

Cupid is still maintaining his status as Top Pig!!
They have now been named, Woody (Lilac), Buzz (curly red & black) and Jessie (black curly).
Top Pig is about right for Cupid. He has such nice babies. Good names, but I am curious about where you got them. So you have two boars and a sow? It is an interesting mix of colours. The lilac is pretty, but the little black one is like a little black lamb. She is just too cute.
Catherine

(12-28-2013, 05:27 PM)Catherine Wrote: Top Pig is about right for Cupid. He has such nice babies. Good names, but I am curious about where you got them. So you have two boars and a sow? It is an interesting mix of colours. The lilac is pretty, but the little black one is like a little black lamb. She is just too cute.

The names are from the movie Toy Story

Here they are at 2 weeks old;

Buzz
[Image: DSC00591_zpse60e5f1e.jpg]
[Image: DSC00592_zpsdabdfb47.jpg]
[Image: DSC00594_zpsc4701c2a.jpg]

Woody
[Image: DSC00596_zps720d1adc.jpg]
[Image: DSC00597_zpsed679a1e.jpg]
[Image: DSC00599_zps8fbeb1ab.jpg]

Jessie
[Image: DSC00600_zpsadd148e2.jpg]
[Image: DSC00602_zpsb8bb093b.jpg]
[Image: DSC00603_zps8e5c6709.jpg]

Jessie was a little tinker, I was just putting my camera down and I turned to lift her out of the tub and she had jumped out and was making a getaway on top of the big cage. Luckily I was like lightening and caught her before she leaped to the floor and under the hutches! Smiley4
Toy Story.33 That should have been obvious.

I don't know how anyone ever chooses. They are all so beautiful. The lilac is pretty. It is a wonderful colour. Buzz is pretty special though.

Trust the little girl to be the escape artist. You have to keep your wits about you at all times.
Catherine

(12-29-2013, 09:50 AM)Catherine Wrote: Toy Story.33 That should have been obvious.

I don't know how anyone ever chooses. They are all so beautiful. The lilac is pretty. It is a wonderful colour. Buzz is pretty special though.

Trust the little girl to be the escape artist. You have to keep your wits about you at all times.

Yes, Buzz is pretty special and it'll be interesting to see how he turns out. All three are staying because of what they are.

I've never had any guinea pig actually jump out of that tub before so I assumed (stupidly) that at that age they couldn't do it. Jessie certainly proved me wrong. I'm glad that she didn't make it to the floor though. I've already had to get down on my hands and knees trying to catch a couple of piggies this week. Donut was the first one. The lady who collected the pair was holding her and lowered her down to go in the carrier but she had other ideas and jumped out of her hand and ran under the hutch. I was covered in hay by the time I got her Smiley4 Then there was yesterday with Edward (Gloria's baby), I caught him to move him and he jumped out of my hand, and again he went under the hutch the other side of the shed. Luckily for me he stayed where he was and I was able to grab him. And I thought hamsters were the professional escape artists!! Angel
Quote:Yes, Buzz is pretty special and it'll be interesting to see how he turns out. All three are staying because of what they are.
Smiley5897
I love all three. I am glad they are staying. They are special looking.

I never think of guinea pigs as escape artists, but when I think back, our pet guinea pig when I was a girl used to hide under the frig and we had to coax her out with treats. Of course she headed for the frig every time because it gained her treats. The old girl was pretty clever.Smiley4
Catherine

(12-29-2013, 12:50 PM)Catherine Wrote:
Quote:Yes, Buzz is pretty special and it'll be interesting to see how he turns out. All three are staying because of what they are.
Smiley5897
I love all three. I am glad they are staying. They are special looking.

I never think of guinea pigs as escape artists, but when I think back, our pet guinea pig when I was a girl used to hide under the frig and we had to coax her out with treats. Of course she headed for the frig every time because it gained her treats. The old girl was pretty clever.Smiley4

They certainly are clever. I have to put clips on the doors of the cages to stop them opening them. Fidget is the worst for that. He will pull the door open and then stick his head through it Undecided

I think the difference with the guinea pigs and hamsters regarding escaping is the piggies are opportunist, they see an opportunity to go for it and they do. Hamsters plan their escape Smiley4 well mine do!