Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1000 pigs left to die without food and water
The woman hired to care for 1000 pigs at two different sites, left them without food or water. When the [police were called to check on the sites they found all the pigs dead. They had been dead for a week and were in various stages of decomposition. She made excuses, but later admitted she knew they were dead.
She has been arrested and charged with criminal mischief in the first degree and livestock neglect. Her bail is set at $22,000.00.

https://www.wdhn.com/news/over-1000-dead...owa-woman/

I don't know why she didn't bother to feed them or check their water supply, but she was hired to do that, so it was her responsibility.
If for some reason she couldn't do the job, she could have contacted her employer.  They would have found someone to care for the pigs on an emergency basis.
I suspect a call to any animal rescue group would have found volunteers willing to bring food and water to the pigs.
If you knew a thousand pigs were dying of thirst  would you not go and help save them.
It was her job and she didn't bother.
I really hope they make the charges stick. She deserves the maximum penalty they can impose and a lot more.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine