Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warning collars
http://www.friendlydogcollars.com/
I saw a picture of these and wanted to share. I need them for my dogs, a friendly, nervous, and no dogs. it would be nice if more people had these.
What a great idea! Think of all the potential problems the collars can prevent. I think it is a good idea to identify a blind or deaf dog. I encountered a deaf dog earlier this year. I knew something was not right because he was not responding to me. I was not sure what to do. Knowing he couldn't hear me would have changed my approach.

It certainly would be a help for you with your dogs. How are they doing? How is Mia's health?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

This is a great idea. I'd heard of the coloured leashes before, but the collars/leashes with the actual words on make the message even clearer, especially for anyone who isn't used to the colour-coding warnings.

The "do not feed" one made me laugh....remembering Misty, and how she was always on the scrounge for food (despite being very well fed) I took her to a Christmas party with friends in 2011, and she was on a special renal diet then, and I knew she would 'do the rounds' of all the guests, trying to persuade everyone she hadn't eaten for days...so I made her a big gold star to hang on her collar with letters in black marker pen, saying "Do not feed me!"
She couldn't understand why her usual hypnotism tactics weren't working!
Quote:The "do not feed" one made me laugh....remembering Misty, and how she was always on the scrounge for food (despite being very well fed) I took her to a Christmas party with friends in 2011, and she was on a special renal diet then, and I knew she would 'do the rounds' of all the guests, trying to persuade everyone she hadn't eaten for days...so I made her a big gold star to hang on her collar with letters in black marker pen, saying "Do not feed me!"
She couldn't understand why her usual hypnotism tactics weren't working!

That's funny.Smiley4 Poor Misty.
I find it hard to resist any animal that begs for food. Dogs can always get something from me. I guess I would have to behave if the collar said Do Not Feed!
I went to a BBQ with 3 dogs and they worked the crowd very well. They was a cute fluffy dog, a smart beagle and a big furry dog. You might resist one, but you would never resist all three.Smiley4

The collars are a good way to give information quickly and clearly. It would solve a lot of problems when people are out with their dogs.
Catherine

My mother was always a sucker for a hypnotic stare too! LOL She used to slip bits of food under the table for Misty, who -I discovered- was not resting graciously on her blanket-bed under the table, but had her head on my mum's knee!
My mum always was under the illusion that I didn't know what was going on! My attitude was .....Misty's 'on holiday', so as long as she doesn't get fed toxic things, and it's meat or potatoes, she can have a few extra treats!
Grandmothers always spoil the grandkids or in this case the grand-dog.Smiley4
Catherine

The collars would make life a lot easier. I had a friend that had a foster dog that got real sick and he dropped a lot of weight. Something to do with his intestines or stomach. I don't really remember. But he got down to skin and bones there for a while and people started throwing food into the yard for him to eat. Thinking they were helping a starving dog. But in reality they could actually have killed him. He was on a special diet and gaining weight back but my friend was always having to pick up food from the yard or take it from him. Thankfully she was home a lot and was able to catch most of the food. I don't know if she ever caught the people that were doing it or not.
Mia is doing great. She's back to her normal spastic self. No more out breaks since she's gone off all her meds back in February. I've been thinking Mia needs a tag warning that she has IMT too in addition to the Caution and No Dogs collar. Like when people have diabetes they have a bracelet or necklace that tells doctors to help treat them. Not that I ever expect her to run off but just in case. That way any vet knows not to give her any vaccines.
Good point. The collars could be like a medic alert bracelet. It certainly would help Mia if she never has her IMT triggered again. I am glad to hear that she is well and off her meds. Now if you can just keep her steady she should be okay.

Now if only people could wear some kind of warning collar.

"Warning, I haven't had coffee yet"Smiley4
"warning having a bad day, don't get too close"
"please don't talk to me today, I don't feel like talking."

It would make riding the bus much easier in the mornings.
Catherine

I agree, this is a wonderful idea!
I would eliminate a lot of guess work when it comes to our canine/feline etc. friends

Catherine: I would need one that says: "Don't interrupt me while I'm resting my eyes"
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
Quote:Catherine: I would need one that says: "Don't interrupt me while I'm resting my eyes"

I rest my eyes on the bus all the time. "I unrest them" when the bus turns into the subway station. I hate it when someone decides to nudge me to let me know that my eyes are closed, like I did not know. Let sleeping anything lie! I am warm, I am comfortable and my eyes are "resting". A do not disturb sign would be good.
Catherine