Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bag of litter on the side of the road turns out to be a dog.
Shena is used to seeing litter along to highway. This particular large bag bothered her so she stopped to look at it. It wasn't garbage at all. It was a big black dog. all alone, and looking very forlorn. Her leg appeared to be injured.  It took some work  but Shena was able to rescue the dog and take her to a vet. She had a broken leg. Very quickly it became clear that Shena was keeping the dog. She named her Blueberry because she was found near some Blueberry shrubs.

A year later Blueberry is doing very well. Shena even made a video about Blueberry's rescue.

https://www.thedodo.com/daily-dodo/woman...loser-look

Always trust your instincts. The big "bag of litter" didn't look right so Shena checked it out. Now she has a wonderful dog companion and Blueberry the dog has a loving home.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

A great story. Talk about "before and after" photos! The difference is amazing and heartwarming.
Isn't it beautiful how the dog was transformed by a loving home.

I stop and check "garbage" on the road because you never know when it could be an abandoned animal.
I know people will check dumpsters when they hear noises and many puppies and kittens have been saved that way.

And just like that I found another story about a bag of garbage that turned out to be a puppy.

https://www.thedodo.com/daily-dodo/passe...ts-a-puppy

Good thing someone stopped to check. Winnie is only 8 weeks old, and she could have died alone in a bag in a garbage can. Instead, she is a much loved little puppy with a happy future ahead of her.
Catherine

That second article also reveals about how humans are so variable: some are kind and caring, but others are cruel and heartless.
Quote:That second article also reveals about how humans are so variable: some are kind and caring, but others are cruel and heartless.

I find it odd that humans can be so different. How can the species that dumps a puppy in the garbage also be the same species that rescues it?
When we fight for animal rights and ecological issues, it is our own species that fights against us. We are a very strange lot indeed.
Catherine