Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vet lights a candle in the waiting room when a pet is being euthanized
This is beautiful. A vet has a candle in his waiting room. It is only lit when a pet is being euthanized. It lets the other pet owners know so they can be quietly respectful. It is a hard time for any pet owner, but having others know about it and maybe even saying a kind word, would help a little bit. Just knowing other pet owners are thinking of you would help a little.

https://www.newsweek.com/vet-candle-pass...rs-1750415

Even a kind look from another pet owner would make a difference. 
Knowing the candle is lit would help. Anything we can do to help with the loss of a pet is a good and kind thing.

I never thought about lighting a candle when one of my pets is dying at home. That would be a beautiful gesture. I would be comforted by it.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Lighting a candle in the waiting room is a very thoughtful and sensitive thing to do. People sitting in the waiting room will be hushed and may say a quiet prayer or blessing. It is a lovely way of quietly signalling something for which there are really no words.
Pet people care and it would give people a chance to be respectful as a beloved pet says goodbye. There might even be a chance to say something kind to the person who has lost their pet. It would be a reminder to cherrish your own pets because time is short.
Catherine

I agree totally with you both. It is a thoughtful and caring gesture. Some vets really do display empathy.
I love hearing about people who are so caring. I would be happy to have a vet like that care for my pets.
Catherine