Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tree service guys rescue a vulture stuck in a tree
A vulture got stuck in a tree in northern Kentucky. It had been there for six days. The Regional Association for the Protection or Treatment of Raptors had been getting calls. They called on Clark Tree Service and the guys were up to the challenge. The bird may have been 70 feet up a tree, but the tree worker climbed higher. The bird was freed and rescued by a RAPTOR worker. He is now being cared for and will eventually released to the wild.

https://www.wlwt.com/article/tree-servic...s/42223525

That is a long way up a tree  and it is an aggressive bird. That was very brave and caring to rescue the bird like that. He was dying slowly and he was clearly unable to free himself. Well done everyone. Because of their efforts a vulture has a chance to live out its life.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

This seems to be another website which only allows people in the USA and Canada to read its pages. I get the message "Sorry, this content is not available in your region."

How did the vulture get trapped in the tree?
Somehow the birds foot was caught and it was hanging upside down and couldn't free itself. 

Quote:A couple of northern Kentucky tree trimmers saved a bird that was trapped in a large tree for days.
It happened last week in Ft. Mitchell.

Advertisement

"Whenever we get a weird call like this, if we can do it, we're on it," said Tiler Wright, who works for Clark Tree Service out of Edgewood.
He and his boss Preston Clark seem to have a knack for animal rescues.
"We've rescued a few cats, rescued a drone," Wright said. "Squirrels, too," Clark added.
On Thursday, they had finished up for the day when they got a call to help rescue a bird that had been stuck in a tree for six days on Orphanage Road in Ft. Mitchell.
Wright, who's nicknamed "Cowboy," said a black vulture was about 70 feet up a 100-foot tree.
Recommended
[/url][Image: cctv-06-275-0823-1671054407.jpg?crop=0.8...size=136:*]
[url=https://www.wlwt.com/article/vehicle-fire-blocking-all-lanes-west-i-275-crestview-hills/42246889]
I-275 eastbound lane closed overnight due to damage after vehicle fire

"So my first instinct was to go up to the top of the tree, tie in high, come down and then figure out how the bird is tangled up in the limb," Wright explained.
He managed to free the bird. Clark and someone from the local animal shelter swooped in on the ground to capture it.
"We were getting multiple calls from multiple people. Everyone was trying to pitch together a way, a plan to get this bird out of that tree," said Cindy Alverson, executive director of RAPTOR, Inc. in Milford. "They went the extra mile. They had never handled a bird before. So I was sort of worried, like this is a vulture, and I didn't know what condition it was in, but they're very feisty."
RAPTOR stands for Regional Association for the Protection and Treatment of Raptors, which is a nonprofit organization that rehabilitates injured birds of prey. It's the only group of its kind north of Louisville and South of the Dayton area.
"This bird was extremely lucky. Every day it was getting more and more critical," Alverson said. "We're having to hand-feed it at this point. But it is standing, which is monumental for upside down for six days."
The rescue organization is most concerned about the bird's left wing. The ultimate goal is to rehabilitate it and release it back into the wild.
"We're here to help everybody. Bottom line," Clark said.
"Here to serve the community any way we can. Even if it gets a little hairy, we're on it," Wright said.

I tried copying the video, but it won't allow it. So I copied part of the article.
The bird was lucky they could get it down in time. That is a long way up a tree and most of us would not be able to climb that high and we wouldn't have any way of freeing the bird.
Catherine

An unusual story. Thank you for taking the time to copy it.

Those tree surgeons certainly did "go the extra mile".
That is a long way up a tree. I know they work with trees, but they don't work with vultures. That took courage.
Catherine