Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where should you place the cat's litter pan
Apparently this is a complicated question. The fact that most of us don't give it much thought might explain why so many cats skip using the box.

https://www.dailypaws.com/cats-kittens/b...litter-box

Cats are picky about their food and water. We shouldn't be surprised that they are picky about litter boxes. 
I can see why a cat wouldn't want to go down into the basement to some odd spot behind a dryer.
I can understand their need for privacy. It does take some thinking about. Where can your cat have privacy, but still be conveniently nearby.
Litter pans should come with detailed instructions. Good luck finding the perfect spot.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

My cats is in the laundry in front of the laundry tub,his food is in the hall he doesn't seem to have a problem with the position of it.
Either Edward is an easy going cat or you guessed where he wanted things first try. Smiley4  Seriously though, you picked obviously convenient places because they are convenient.

Most people I know seem to have their litter pan in a spot the cat likes. Maybe most of the people I know are in tune with their cats.
If you are the one cleaning the litter pan you don't want it in an awkward place. The same would go for food. It would be messy to have the food and litter in the same place. You want it to be handy to the place where you store the food.  I never had any problems when I had cats.
Catherine

When deciding where to place your cat's litter pan, it's important to consider a few factors:

1. Accessibility: Make sure the litter box is easily accessible for your cat. This means placing it in a location where your cat can get to it easily and without obstacles.

2. Privacy: Cats prefer to have privacy when using the litter box, so consider placing it in a quiet area of your home where your cat won't be disturbed or interrupted.

3. Ventilation: Make sure the litter box is in a well-ventilated area, as the smell of the litter can be unpleasant.
  4. Multiple locations: If you have more than one cat, consider having multiple litter boxes placed in different locations throughout your home to give each cat their own private space.

Overall, it's important to find a location for your cat's litter box that is convenient for both you and your cat, while also considering their privacy and comfort.
Cats are not that much different than us. We don't want our bathroom in an inconvenient place and your cat doesn't want the litter pan in an inconvenient place.
If it is in the basement behind the furnace, I don't blame the cat for sometimes going somewhere else.
The idea of multiple litter boxes for multiple cats is good. No one wants to wait in line to use the bathroom. Neither does your cat.
Catherine