Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chicken rescued from meat farm has been a beloved pet for 5 years
Boo was rescued from a meat farm. He is a Cornish cross rooster. His people had a pet like him before and when they heard about him they knew they had to give him a home. He lives in their house with their other pets and is a happy member of the family. Even though he was very much over weight at 6 months old, when they brought him home. Proper care and feeding means he is still with them 5 years later. 

https://www.boredpanda.com/pet-dog-roost...gn=organic

It is wonderful that Boo was given a chance at life. It makes you wonder what could be possible for all the other chickens caught up in the meat industry.
They could have so much more. At least Boo has had a chance to live a good life. No doubt he can show other people what a chicken be like, if given a chance.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

The rescue farm I follow here in Australia does that it's called Edgars Mission named after her first rescue pig Edgar who has now passed on,she has a lot of ex battery hens and assorted farm animals most of them ex meat animals there's another one called Pets Haven who does wonderful work as well.
I have seen stuff from Edgar's Mission. I didn't realize it was named after a rescue pig.

I love the sanctuaries and rescues that give homes to animals that were going to be killed and eaten. They are special places.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine