Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The cat came back
I can't get the video to load....wrong time of day! (terrible bandwidth here in the daytime) I will be able to watch it later.

They keep their distance from humans, mostly. Also predators like this mostly operate outside human time-schedules. So when they are out and about humans are inside, or asleep.
People I know have said they spotted a wild cat in my area! A large black cat apparently, looking like a Panther. I think I saw it once, a few years ago -I think 2008. But it was hard to see properly.
I was in a woods with Misty, collecting logs. It was late Autumn, and going dark. We were about to pack up and go home, and I was walking along a track with her, when suddenly I saw a dark shape run ahead of us across an intersecting track, about 30 ft away. The light was bad, especially under the trees, so this creature wasn't properly visible. I whistled, wondering if it was a dog, but there was no response. We were a long way from any habitation, and no human appeared, so it wasn't just someone with their dog, going for a walk.
It was hard to say what the creature was, but it was larger than a German Shepherd, ran close to the ground (unlike a deer) -with a flowing movement -cat-like.
Misty didn't see it, and I back-tracked, so she wouldn't catch its scent.
It seemed to want to get well away from us as quickly as possible.

I was a bit concerned for Misty's sake about going there for some time, in case she cornered whatever it was, accidentally. I knew she would probably come off badly in any confrontation.

I went back, however, to look for tracks in daylight, but there were so many fallen leaves it was impossible. I thought I scented it a few times. There was a smell-a bit like male cat's urine, only stronger and more musky.

I never saw it again.

Messages In This Thread
The cat came back - by Catherine - 08-01-2014, 02:31 PM
RE: The cat came back - by Cibach - 08-01-2014, 06:29 PM
RE: The cat came back - by Tobi - 08-01-2014, 09:10 PM
RE: The cat came back - by Catherine - 08-01-2014, 09:19 PM
RE: The cat came back - by Tobi - 08-02-2014, 07:33 AM
RE: The cat came back - by Catherine - 08-02-2014, 11:50 AM