Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man prevents cat rescue...the cat is safe
The cat is still not rescued and the man is still interfering, but part of the feeder has broken so the cat can get water and food.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/c...33651.html

They still need to rescue the cat, but he can get water so they do have time.
Sadly the man is still interfering. They don't know who he is, but surely someone will recognize him and report him.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It is good to hear the bird feeder broke. That was what I was hoping for. So at least the cat can get water and food. It has a good chance -if humans could just get their act together!
With any luck the whole feeder will fall apart and solve the problem. They still want to rescue him, but at it is less urgent. No new news today, but I will keep checking.
Catherine

Good news. They finally rescued the cat and he is okay. I don't know if they caught the man blocking the rescue, but at least the cat is safe.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/b...-1.2732102

You have to wonder why the cat put his head in the feeder in the first place. Being a cat he will never tell us.Smiley4
Catherine

I'm glad to hear the drama is over and the cat is now safe.

Cats can sometimes stick their head in things if they see/smell something to eat. But peanuts?? Perhaps she smelled a bird in that feeder or a mouse...
A very sad thing happened at my house many years ago about 1983. We found a cat one morning who had passed away during the night. He had his head stuck in an empty can of dog food. Goodness knows where he had come from, or where the can came from -as we didn't have a dog then. We were both deeply upset by this and with no way to discover who his people were -we buried him with full honours under a large stone in our garden. There was no such thing as microchip I.D. in those days.
That is sad about the cat. Discarded food cans are so dangerous for animals. Every year wild animals and some pets are found caught in cans and jars. Sometimes they are found in time. Sometimes like your cat it was too late. You could never hope to find the owners of the cat. Too bad he didn't go home. They might have helped him.

We really need to dispose of garbage better. That is the real problem.
Cans should be washed out and crushed. Glass jars could be recycled, but they also should have their lids put back on. If there are no jars and cans with tempting odors then these things wouldn't keep happening.
Catherine