Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutting the cost of keeping a cat or dog.
The cost of keeping a pet has become a real concern for many people. There are ways to bring the costs down.
This article has some good suggestions.

https://theconversation.com/dogs-and-cat...ses-198114

Finding cheaper food sources would really help. Dry food is cheaper than canned food. Buying in bulk is cheaper. 
A large bag might cost more, but it works out to less per feeding. There are pet food banks in many places that will help out.

They recommend pet insurance. That could be beneficial.
Neutering the pet is a saving in the long run. Working out a payment plan would spread the cost out.
Some local shelters have spay and neuter clinics at a reduced cost. 

It would make sense to shop around and find which stores have the best petfood prices. Also watch out for pet food sales.
There are always ways to save money. It may be a struggle, but it is worth it to keep our pets.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I have pet insurance I've never used it,it doesn't cover vaccinations and the every day stuff just the big things,I always try to get Edwards pet food cheaper but since the pandemic it was nearly out of stock at one stage I got it on special last order but it's quite exxy now it's the only one he likes,I can't find his dental chews anywhere and when I do the price is too much.
It has been tough to keep up with the rising cost of pet food. Being a cat, Edward would not want to change food brands even if you could find a cheaper one.

The guinea pigs eat a lot of fresh vegetables. The prices are shockingly high. Even the cheap vegetable store does not have some things at better prices.
Any of the leafy greens are super expensive. I make sure I get the biggest bundles of spinach and kale. It helps a little.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine