Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A humorous look at cat claws.
We can look at these pictures of cat claws and laugh, but they are not always funny. 

https://www.boredpanda.com/cute-cats-cla...gn=organic

Cats can do things with those claws anytime they want. They know, we know and they know that we know.
Even when they mean well, cat claws are still claws. When I was a teenager my beloved cat reached up to pat my face affectionately, hooked two claws in my upper lip and now I have two fine scars. They are such perfect lines that it looks like I had facial surgery. You can hardly see them, but they will always be there. It has been more than 50 years.
Never underestimate cat claws.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Underestimating the sharpness and strength of a cat's claws can have a number of consequences, both for the cat and for humans or other animals in its vicinity. Here are some potential consequences of underestimating cat claws:
  1. Scratches and wounds: Cats use their claws for a variety of purposes, including climbing, scratching, and self-defense. If a person underestimates the sharpness and strength of a cat's claws and tries to handle or restrain the cat inappropriately, they may end up getting scratched or wounded.
  1. Damage to property: Cats may use their claws to scratch or climb on furniture, carpets, curtains, or other household items. If a person underestimates the damage that a cat's claws can do, they may leave their belongings vulnerable to scratches and tears.

2. Behavioral issues: Cats need to scratch to keep their claws healthy and maintain their natural behaviors. If a person underestimates the importance of scratching for cats and tries to discourage or prevent their cat from scratching, it may lead to behavioral issues such as anxiety, aggression, or destructive behavior.

3. Injuries to other animals: If a person underestimates the potential harm that a cat's claws can do to other animals, they may allow their cat to play or interact with other animals without proper supervision. This can lead to injuries to other animals, especially smaller pets like birds, rodents, or fish.

4. Health issues: If a cat's claws are not properly maintained, they can become too long and cause health issues such as ingrown nails, infections, or pain. If a person underestimates the importance of trimming their cat's claws regularly or providing appropriate scratching surfaces, they may put their cat's health at risk.
You are right about the strength of cat claws and the need to look out for them and to look after them. It is all part of having a cat.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine